Monday, December 10, 2018

Coming to you This Weekend Cincy!

Meet Heidi from Stone Black Collective...
We are a husband & wife team who love animals. Being Full time caregivers to his father, this work allows us to have income, do what we love, and take care of dad. We’ve been creating forever, but Stone Black Collective started this year, and this will be our first Avant-Garde show!
Everything inspires us to create! (I’m sure everyone says that, haha!) Nature, our animals. Trends of course, and we both naturally crafty. It’s our outlet.  Ben started wood working about 7 years ago, while working for his brother. He created these gorgeous tables and absolutely loves it. Now he incorporates his metal working into his wood working. I prefer smaller projects, like dream catchers and coat racks. I literally on a whim just start designing something.
Our creative process always starts as a picture in our heads. Draw it out on paper. Then start making!  In the future, we would love to be doing this full time in 5 years!  The message behind our work is natural, simple, beautiful!
Meet Cilene Vaz from BowTerFlower...
I am married and mother of 2 kids and a cute dog.  I have a college degree in Business and Masters in Marketing. I worked 11 years for international companies in Brazil. Then, I left the corporate job and started to learn all about decorative arts, such as mosaic, collage, decoupage, photography, etc. Then, I moved to the US, had my kids and started to be a stay-home mom. Combining all the knowledge that I have acquired in arts and the desire to create something for children to feel special and unique, I launched BowTerFlower. At the beginning, I was only selling to close friends, almost like a hobby, but then the demand increased, and I decided to turn into a business.

It is my first time at Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show, and I am super excited to have this opportunity to share our exclusive designs. My daughter was my inspiration. I started to design bows to match her outfits. The way she felt was inspiring. She told me once: “ Mom, I am the only princess that has this bow, I feel so special. Thank you, mom.” She followed the thank you with a warm hug. And I felt so compelled to share this feeling with other moms and I also want other girls to feel as special as my daughter was feeling. I realized that when those girls had something unique to wear, that only belong to her, her self-esteem and confidence also increased. I will never forget that hug and her vibrant smile.
I got into crafts because craft for me represents your unique art and way of perceiving the world. I also enjoy the feeling of create something with my hands, so I can see, touch and feel. I grew up with my mother and sister, who are very talented in arts and crafts, and I felt the happiness and joy that my mother and sister felt when they were creating crafts, and I realized that I also have the talent to do it.  In 5 years, I want my business to be well known to all parents in our region. I want to create long-term relationships with my clients and to be the “go-to person” for creating bows to all special occasions in their lives.

Meet Julie Long from Maddi's Melts...
We are a mother and daughter duo who loves all things that smell good. We have been making candles and melts for about 2 years. This is our first time participating in an Auant- Garde Art and Craft Show. We started making candles and melts for personal use and decided to share. Our creations for others to enjoy.
Basically making our own candles and melts inspired us into the craft side of the hobby. A lot of people love our candles and melts so we can continued to create for ourselves and others. We love experimenting with new scents and styles and it’s a mother/daughter bonding time as well. Our process is family time. Hopefully in 5 years we will have our own stores.  Candles and melts are great to make your home or office smell amazing but also are great for emergencies and power outages. Soy wax burns slow and clean holding fragrances for hours and hours till you get to the bottom of the jar. 

2018 Cincinnati Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 10:00am-5:00pm
Oasis Golf Club & Conference Center
902 Loveland-Miamiville Rd.
Loveland, OH 45140
For more information, contact Amanda Look, Event Coordinator at Amanda@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you in the AM Cincinnati!

  Meet Tracy Burns from Chaotic Love Designs ... Hi I'm Tracey, creater of Chaotic Love Designs. I am mom, wife beertender, tour guide, ...