Saturday, December 15, 2018

Less Than 24 Hours to Go!

Meet Amanda Packard from The Phoenix Quill...
Hi! I’m Amanda, and I am a pyrography artist.  My passion is to burn pictures into wood, leather, and cork, while adding occasional colors.  When I started Woodburning, it was a fun hobby to create traditional family signs and gifts for friends.  Since then, it has evolved into a true art form where the sky is the limit. I've been doing this for 13 years and this will be my first Avant-Garde show!
What inspires me most to create is any whimsical subject matter, animals, fantasy art, etc. What got me interested into this kind of crafting was just a curiosity that grew into a full time passion. I've been creating since I was old enough to hold a crayon! 

Meet Lauren Brenneman from Simply Cypress Glassware...
My name is Lauren Brenneman and I am a Cincinnati transplant (Cleveland native) and have lived here for almost 7 years. I attended the University of Cincinnati and obtained a degree in Marketing and Sports Administration. I’m a die-hard Cleveland sports fan but also love me some FC Cincinnati soccer! I am a marketer/advertiser by day but a dog-mom and crafter by night! I have been crafting all my life but this is my first year actually doing shows and getting my hand-made products out there. This is my first Avant-Garde event!
I’ve always loved to craft, ever since I was a kid but it really ramped up in college when I was too broke to give expensive presents for the Holidays. There really is nothing quite like watching a family member or friend open a handmade and personalized gift and then seeing them use that gift for years to come. I made my mom a wine glass my freshman year of college (when I couldn’t afford to give her a huge Christmas gift) and to this day, she still says it’s one of her favorite presents and uses it all the time. Net-net, what inspires me is being able to provide people with unique glassware that they can give as gifts or keep for their own enjoyment, all while knowing that each piece is as unique as we all are. 
I’ve always been a creative person. I learned the Adobe software in High School and ever since then, I’ve loved to creative personalized items whether it’s in the form of t-shirt designs, hand-painted glassware, invitations, etc. Whether it’s a wineglass, cocktail glass, beer stein, ornament, etc., the design I choose to move forward with always depends on what type of glass I’m working with. In 5 years I would love to continue to do shows and eventually open up my own online shop where customers can easily submit custom orders or purchase products online. Each piece is as unique as we all are and there are a variety of different items to choose from so you can
find something for just about anyone!

Meet Christina Cullis from Serendipitous Dips...
I'm a Cincinnati native and am married with two furbabies! I've been selling online for a few years, but have only been in the craft show circuit for 2 years, and this will be my first Avant-Garde show! 
Serendipitous Dips was born both out of my love for dips, and, frankly, a desire for ease and simplification. I think anyone can relate to the small-scale panic that sets in when you are invited to a potluck or over a friend's house. My first thought was always, "What do I make/buy/bring?" I started just experimenting with some dip recipes to make them my own. When my friends asked for the recipes, that made me wonder if I could back into a dry version of the mixes, so all they'd have to do is add 1-2 ingredients, stir and serve. I have a huge family and tested out dozens and dozens of mixes before arriving at my current set - and even then I still experiment!
My creative process is lots of tasting and adjusting. It really is about trial and error. My husband jokes that he always wanted to be a "taster tester" when he was going up... so now he gets to be chief "taster tester." (I will say though, he tends to be an inventory liability.) What I love most about food/snacks/dips is that, inherently, if you are bringing a dip platter somewhere, you are likely going to a meeting of family and/or friends. My most rewarding moments are when a customer comes back to buy more dips and tells me "I made this for Thanksgiving last year and it got gobbled up in 5 minutes!" I love the idea that my product is a small part of a community or family coming together. 


2018 Cincinnati Winter Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, December 16, 2018 - 10:00am-5:00pm
Oasis Golf Club & Conference Center
902 Loveland-Miamiville Rd.
Loveland, OH 45140
For more information, contact Amanda Look, Event Coordinator at Amanda@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN


























No comments:

Post a Comment

See you in the AM Cincinnati!

  Meet Tracy Burns from Chaotic Love Designs ... Hi I'm Tracey, creater of Chaotic Love Designs. I am mom, wife beertender, tour guide, ...