Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Black Friday?! More Like Shopping Sunday!

Meet Monica from MonTronsGifts...

I am a stay-at-home mom with three children, ages four, two, and six months. I am a self-published children's book author and currently have 4 books available. My children love books, and are definitely my inspiration for my writing. I also crochet a wide variety of things: baskets, bags/purses, pillows, scarves, pot holders, kitchen scrubbies, face scrubbies, pumpkins, stuffed animals, stuffed letters, and blankets. 























When I first started crocheting I was in Junior High and learning from my grandma. She taught me the basics and from there my skills grew and I got more confident in my work and am now able to make so many amazing things. I am always trying new stitches and patterns to grow my inventory!
I have been doing craft shows for about 2 years now and this will be my second Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. I hope to be able to continue doing shows for years to come and would love for my business to grow and my name to become known for my creations!
























With crocheting, I am able to be really creative with my color choices and the patterns that I do, but it is sometimes hard to try and create things that meet everyone's likes. That is why I love taking custom orders and being able to create exactly what the customer is looking for.

Meet Pamela from Prismatic Projectz...

My name is Pamela Mulford but I go by Pj. I’m 24, born and raised in Cincinnati, and I’m the owner of my tiny business, Prismatic Projectz. My business is a showcase of my mixed media art. I make creations ranging from wearable art to home decor. My mediums focus mostly on sculptural, fiber, and painting.




 


















I was raised to be creative and imaginative. So I would have to say from the moment I picked up a crayon, I discovered my love for the craft. Just being able to make something that really allows me to express myself and having someone else appreciate my work as well is what motivates me. I’m so excited to participate in my first Avant-Garde Arts & Craft Show! 






































I’d have to thank my grandmothers, aunt and my art teachers for always inspiring me to be creative. I think practice and picking up new artistic skills throughout my life and having many positive affirmations from my family and peers. It made me want to continue doing this all the time.


I like to find inspiration online or work on a skill I have been perfecting. When I am painting and doing sculptural art, I listen to podcasts or music. If I’m crocheting I like to watch TV, sit outside or hang out with friends.  



















One day, i’d love to do this full time and travel to art shows/festivals or be working on commissions. The message behind my work is.. All in all, do what you love. There will be people out there that will love what you do. 

Meet Kayla from KNCGlass...

I recently moved from New York to the mid-west to pursue my career in glass. I'm currently a glass assistant at Centre College in Kentucky. What I enjoy most about working with glass is that I get to explore new places and meet people from various backgrounds. Teaching others about glass processes is what fuels me, in addition to making my own work. I have been working with glass for six years. I've primarily been exposed to glass in an academic setting.



I think of glass as a meditative act. While it distracts me from other things I have going on, it also gives me space to be analytic and generate my energy into something productive. I think seeing and talking to other glass artists has helped me want to try exhibiting at craft shows. There's an opportunity to meet a variety of people, and I like the idea of connectivity through art and craft. 

I was going to school to be a K-12 art educator. I took a glass class as an elective on a whim. The moment I experienced the material in it's awe and difficulty, I was hooked. That is what got me into the craft.




My creative process often involves having an idea, trying to make something, failing numerous times, analyzing where I went wrong, and then trying again until my idea becomes reality. There's a few displeased grunts involved, but I usually manage to get it worked out. In five years, I see myself teaching glass at an educational institution somewhere, and I also see myself continuing to do craft shows in my spare time.



I don't necessarily think I have a message behind my craft based work. However, I will say that I do like making work that is a bit more accessible to people from various walks of life. I like the idea that anyone can own a handmade glass object.

Meet Melanie from CraftCreationsByMelO

I'm a Physical Therapist by day and an avid crafter by night. I have been crafting for quite a long time, dabbling in all sorts of activities including glass etching and jewelry making. I've currently been working with concrete for about six months. 





I think it's in my blood to create, it provides me an outlet for my energy and it keeps my mind and hands busy. I'm not sure I would say I'm talented, but I do love what I create! 
My creative process usually begins at night when my mind just thinks through everything I can make, and what I can do differently or try differently to create something unique. 

This will be my first Avant-Garde Art and Craft Show and I'm so excited! 




In five years, I hope to be creating, whether it's still with concrete or a whole new medium. My philosophy is to create and inspire playfulness. 

2021 Cincinnati Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, November 28th, 2021
10:00am-4:00pm
Oasis Golf Club & Conference Center
902 Loveland-Miamiville Rd.
Loveland, OH
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you in the AM Cincinnati!

  Meet Tracy Burns from Chaotic Love Designs ... Hi I'm Tracey, creater of Chaotic Love Designs. I am mom, wife beertender, tour guide, ...