Friday, March 18, 2022

See you this weekend, Cincinnati!

 Meet Kelley from Bead Heads Jewelry...

Kelley King is a Florida native, but she relocated to the Cincinnati area in 2019. Kelley is a professional dance teacher and Choreographer by day and a "bead head" by night! 

Kelley started bead weaving at age 16. Being from a Cherokee family, it's important to declare a tribal tradition that you will carry on. That is how the beads found her! 

This is Kelley's 2nd Avant-Garde event and is so excited to be able to share her bead love. She enjoys making unique and individual works of wearable art that are as unique and individual as you!

You can find images of her works on Facebook at Bead Heads Jewelry. Custom orders are available for your special event (weddings, vacations, sporting events,  birthdays, etc). You can contact her through her Facebook page or email (beadheadsjewelry@gmail.com). In Kelley's words, "life is too short to wear department store jewelry!"

Meet Lara from Laras Bottles and more...

Hello! My name is Lara. I have a wonderfully supportive husband; am a mother to 3 sons, 1 daughter and 2 daughter-in-laws; am a doting grandmother to a beautiful, strong granddaughter; and a dog mom! I love crafting (obvious), walking with my hubby and dog, wine, soccer, yoga and decorating for the holidays. This is my first time to have a booth at this craft show.

I have 4 children in the military. As any military parent can attest…this can add a little bit of stress to your day to day. Late night crafting got me through basic training and gut churning deployments. The middle of the night restlessness and fears were fuel for creative juices to flow. This became my form of therapy. I was able to redirect my bottled up emotions to create something whimsical and fun. 

have been crafty since I was a kid. My first bottle creation was actually an 8th grade Home Ec project and I still have it! 

What really spring-boarded my creations with wine bottles and mason jars was hosting “craft day with the girls.” Once a month I would organize a get together at my house. The crafting day kicked off with an idea; advanced to supplies, food, wine and laughter; and ended up with each of us creating a unique decoration and lots of memories. One of the craft days, we used wine bottles and I just kept going with the creations! I soon had a big stash of painted wine bottles and started gifting them to friends and loved ones. Now I am taking on the venture of selling them to new friends. 

I love decorating my home for the holidays. As I decorate my home, an inspiration for something new often pops into my head. I typically sketch out my idea in a notebook and then pull supplies together to create it. I tweak it until the vision in my head has a physical form I am happy with. Then I make more! The original creation ends up in my decor and I am able to share that inspiration with others. My goal with my work is to create something whimsical to make people smile. One of my favorite things to do is to create something unique from a request. Give me a theme or an idea and I’ll turn that into something special. It is most rewarding to see the reaction from a handmade, personal gift. 

Website:  www.etsy.com/shop/larasbottlesandmore

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/larasbottlesandmore

Pinterest:  www.pinterest.com/larasbottlesandmore

Meet Taressa from Curry's Crafting Corner...

Hi, our crafting business is Curry's Crafting Corner. It includes myself, my wife and my 20-year-old son Jarrett. We live on a mini farm in Mt. Orab. We have miniature donkeys, horses, goats, chickens, rabbits, lizards, cats, dogs and even a mini pig who lives inside the house. Piggy Sue is very smart, and house broken. 

We have been doing craft fairs for the past two years. We started by making vinyl gifts but now all our products are sublimation. This is our first Avant-Garde event and we are so excited to participate. 

I started making gifts for my wife and son and they loved them so much we started expanding and making other products. We get our inspiration by our customers' needs. I discovered my talent because my wife pushed me to expand into making products for others. 

I love designing products with the customers input and putting my own special touch on them. In 5 years, I see myself still designing and crafting and making others personalized gifts. I want to make my customers happy and have them completely satisfied. 


2022 Cincinnati Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, March 20th, 2022 - 10:00am-4:00pm
R.S.V.P. Event Center
453 Wards Corner Rd.
Loveland, OH 45140
For more information, contact Amanda Look, Event Coordinator at Amanda@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you in the AM Cincinnati!

  Meet Tracy Burns from Chaotic Love Designs ... Hi I'm Tracey, creater of Chaotic Love Designs. I am mom, wife beertender, tour guide, ...