Thursday, November 17, 2022

Cincinnati's Eclectic Talent!

Meet Ann Rich from Breezyhill Artwear...

Breezyhill was initially a horse farm, both my daughter and I showed horses and actually trained young horses. Then I developed a fascination with Alpacas.

I purchased eight and starting breeding and showing,I loved their super soft fiber.. I wanted to do something with my fiber so my husband gave me a spinning wheel for my 50th birthday..

I started spinning alpaca yarn.and then moved on to "art yarn" which is a very colorful yarn with lots of texture.It was all the vibrant colors that got me hooked on my new venture.

Creating colorful art reflects my colorful personality!I then began making artwear through an arduous process of "wet felting" not only using alpaca but also merino silk ribbon and other fun embellishments..the fun part is layering the fiber etc into a colorful shawl or scarf.then the hard part begins which is the felting process of using soap water and lots of rubbing and agitation. 

Each piece is a one of a kind piece of artwear that has been created from the fiber to dying spinning and felting.I have had lots of compliments and a handful of sales which led me to going forward with this creativity.I still look out my window at Breezyhill Farm at not only my horses but my alpacas.

Meet Jeanette Jackson from Glo Girl Bottles...

In 2019, I left my job and city to take care of my 100-year- old aunt on her rural farm. I had more time to paint and developed an unexpected inventory. Today I am still on the farm creating. 

A few years before COVID. Quarantine gave me the time to develop my style and add other salvaged items to my catalog. I lived in an entertainment district and saw large quantities of liquor bottles going in to the landfill. I started replacing plastic things in my home with unique glass liquor bottles. Later I began painting them and giving them away as gifts. 

I discovered my talent by experimenting with glass bottles with different medium and methods for a few years. Still experimenting with cutting glass.

I allow the designs to follow my moods. 

The message behind my work is don’t throw it away, reuse it in new ways! Share the glow and brighten someone’s day!

Meet Emily Skinner from Spinning Fairy Art...

My name is Emily and I’ve been an artist my whole life but only recently got into painting seriously in the last 4-5 years. I’m completely self taught; I began drawing as a child and that slowly evolved into the occasional painting. As a creator I’m constantly attempting new skills in new mediums. I’ve dabbled in jewelry making as well. I’ve been an avid self taught hula hooper for 8 years and recently had a short stint of performing including live fire hooping. This will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show. 

I find inspiration for my paintings in everything. Sometimes I paint what I’m feeling as an outlet for healing and sometimes I just paint things that I think are beautiful. I got into painting as a child wanting to branch out from pencil drawings. I began painting simple renditions of my favorite cartoon characters. Some time in 2018 I decided I wanted to challenge myself by painting a more intricate subject and was surprised by the result. This led to a flood of ideas for paintings.


I typically start with the idea for a painting and I plan it out in a sketch book so that I can work out all the details before I put it on a canvas. Then I’ll do a rough sketch of my idea straight onto the canvas and paint on top of that.

In the next five years I hope to have a steady flow of fans of my work. Being able to sell a piece of me that I worked so hard to convey on a canvas to a complete stranger feels immensely rewarding and special. I hope to some day be able to quit my full time job as a Certified Pharmacy Technician and create full time instead. I want people to derive their own messages from my work. I want people to be able to see themselves in the things I paint or to evoke a feeling that sticks with them.

Meet Nicole Scott from Nicole Scott Inc....

I am a 4th year college student at the University of Cincinnati. Majoring in Fashion Design at the college of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP). Born and raised in Louisville, KY. I love cooking, sewing, and hanging with friends. I was also awarded top 5 entrepreneurs under 25 by the Cincinnati Business Courier. 

I started my business in 2021 but I've been sewing and making garments ever since I was 15. 
What inspires me to create.. lots of things, I really enjoy the process of making something from scratch. Certain artists, and designers motivate my creativity. 

How I got into my craft, ever since I was little I loved arts and crafts, I loved painting and scrapbooking as a child. then I began to take art classes in high school and eventually took sewing lessons, and fell in love with making clothes. When I was younger I entered many art contests in school and would receive various awards for my drawings, paintings, sculptures, and even garments. Once I was recognized for my talent, I started to believe in it. My first big break was being accepted into The Future is Now back in 2017. The Future is Now is a summer design program for highschool students to work one on one with a local artist on a collaborative art piece and the work was then exhibited in a local gallery for the remainder of the Summer. It was a surreal moment to have one of my designs in a gallery. Once I achieved that I knew that anything was possible.
My creative process is very concentrated. I get really focused and I usually listen to music or a podcast while I work. 

In 5 years I hope to have my own stand alone boutique or showroom for my business
The message behind my work promotes unity. I really enjoy bringing people together from all walks of life. Being a local business it is important to me that I remain transparent and keep all aspects of my business as ethical as possible. My brand brings awareness to sustainability and inclusion within the fashion industry, as well as individuality. I make sure to provide unique avant-garde designs to give customers something they have never seen before. 

Instagram: @nicolescott_inc
Facebook: @shopnicolescott
YouTube: Nicole Scott Inc.

2022 Cincinnati Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, November 20, 2022
10:00am-4:00pm
RSVP Event Center
453 Wards Corner Rd.
Loveland, OH
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you in the AM Cincinnati!

  Meet Tracy Burns from Chaotic Love Designs ... Hi I'm Tracey, creater of Chaotic Love Designs. I am mom, wife beertender, tour guide, ...