Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Spring Shopping is Around the Corner!

Meet Laura Rice from Zen's Wonder Emporium...

I have been making art for over 20 years. Working with resin was a more recent adventure that my husband helped me bring to fruition for me. That journey has been going on for almost five years now, but this will be my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show! My grandmother, my mother and my aunt all shared their creativity with me growing up, which led me to this hobby.

 

I’m inspired by lif, every moment, every movement. I discovered my talent from my deep love for life. A deep love for wellness. A deep love for purity. Organize has always intrigued me so I do head first. 


For my creative process, flow controls it all. In five years, I see myself creating my best work yet!


The message behind my work is that I not only create for the betterness of myself, but for the betterness of the world. One vibe at a time. 



Meet Karley Holdeman from Karley Rose Creates …

Hi, I’m Karley! I love all things nature and fantasy. Whether it’s imagining creatures on a walk through the woods or drawing them into life on paper, I believe there's magic everywhere, you just have to look for it. I have a background in summer camp, theater, and architecture. All of these past experiences serve as the foundation of the creative I am today. Summer Camp gave me a deep and unflinching love of nature and the belief that the outdoors holds unlimited magic. Theater built my fascination with the idea of character. And architecture taught me process, atmosphere, and how to present a complete concept. This hodgepodge of experiences has made me a full and complete creative.


I started illustrating full time in January of 2022. It’s only been a year and I love what I do. When I first started it was like spitting out ideas that I had for so long and finally could put on paper. Since then I’ve been trying to hone what techniques I like most and where my art fits in the creative community.


This is my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show! I’ve previously done shows in Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus. I’m very excited to join in this great event.


I love nature, magic, and the wonder of being a child. I get a lot of inspiration from taking walks or watching my favorite fantasy movie. I have also worked with kids for a good chunk of my career. The love and curiosity they have for the world is infectious.


I think like most people who go into a creative field, I have always enjoyed making things. Now it’s so much a part of my life, I can’t imagine doing anything else!


I wouldn’t say I discovered a talent but more that I found something I loved even when I was terrible at it. There have been countless times where I’ll sit down and put a bunch of effort into something that just bombs. But I still love it. I’ll still go back the next day and try again.


Most of my ideas pop up when I’m on a walk with my dog and I can let my imagination run wild. I get a general concept like a meadow with a hidden world under it. Then I sit down and sketch out what that might look like and what characters would be part of that story. The characters in my pieces really bring the personality. After the initial sketch is done I go through with pen, colored pencil, and sometimes watercolor.



My goal in the next five years.. I want to be illustrating children’s books. I’m currently working on a personal project for a children's book. I’m constantly working on increasing my drawing skills and expanding to more mediums. In five years time I want to also have enough work to have my own gallery exhibit.


The scenes I create are meant to be spaces for your inner child. I create them by letting my imagination run without rules and I want viewers to feel the same. There are so many things in this world that silence inner wonder and the authentic self. I aim to bring back the freedom of dreaming, peace, and adventure to anyone who is willing to jump into one of my pieces.


Meet Lindsay Sadler from CrochetedByL…

My name is Lindsay Sadler, I am currently in my fourth year studying chemical engineering at the University of Cincinnati! I am originally from the Akron area. I have been crocheting since the start of 2021, and this is my first Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show!

I have always been pretty crafty, and can pick up most crafts from watching Youtube videos. I started crocheting watching videos, and have slowly developed my skills and technique over time. I crocheted an octopus one random time about 10 years ago, when I was in a phase of trying everything and anything crafty. In 2021, I had to move to Kentucky by myself for an internship semester and needed a hobby to occupy my time, so I picked up crocheting again!

What inspires me.. I love seeing how happy customers are when they receive their crochet animals! It is especially rewarding to see people so excited about my creations at markets.


I like to create my own designs, follow other crafter's designs, and use customers' design ideas. I try to make animals using a wide variety of colors and themes, to make things unique.


In five years, I think crocheting will likely still be my biggest hobby! I hope to become better at creating my own patterns. 


I think crocheting is great because you can create just about anything you want. It is a way to bring happiness to both yourself and others!


My Etsy shop CrochetedByL is normally stocked, and my Instagram CrochetedByLShop showcases many of the designs I have done in the past!


Meet Cynthia Louderback from HappyBlueHome LLC…

I grew up in Kentucky & have lived in the Cincinnati area for 26 years. I spend free time with friends & family (my husband, two sons & new grandson!). I started my company HappyBlueHome LLC to offer clients unique, hand-made wreaths and curated home & vintage decorative items. I’ve been doing this for 5+ years now, and this is my first Avant-garde-Garde Art & Craft Show! In addition, I am a professional home organizer, working with clients to edit and set up systems in home & office. I create solutions for closets, kitchen, basements, office, moving and downsizing tips and estate sale prep. 


I am inspired by home decor because it brings joy into my everyday living space. I am also inspired by flowers, color and fabrics & enjoy collecting & repurposing whimsical vintage pieces. I got into this hobby from decorating for events & parties. This passion led to making products & styling for every season, all year round.


I discovered my talent because I was interested in art & fashion at a young age & worked for visionary companies Tommy Hilfiger & Ralph Lauren, which further influenced my personal style & creativity.


For my creative process, I start with a color and pull my materials & storyboards around that. I consult with clients to share my ideas & get their input as well.


In 5 years I see my business evolving! My company motto is “consult, create & inspire.” The message behind HappyBlueHome is “find your happy.” My hope is to provide a product and or service that does just that!



2023 Cincinnati Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Sunday, March 19, 2020 - 10:00am-4:00pm
RSVP Event Center
453 Wards Corner Rd.
Loveland, OH 45140
For more information, contact Amanda Look, Event Coordinator at Amanda@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you in the AM Cincinnati!

  Meet Tracy Burns from Chaotic Love Designs ... Hi I'm Tracey, creater of Chaotic Love Designs. I am mom, wife beertender, tour guide, ...